Saturday, January 08, 2011

I AM LEARNING, LORD

My life has taken many falls and tumbles 'long the way. The many trials have left me In a sure state of dismay. For with each trial, I tried alone To tend, and soothe, and mend, Instead of giving them to God - And on Him just depend ...


But, I am learning, Lord. 

It seems that I was determined to carry all the load. I longed for smoother pathways. Yet, I walked a rocky road. Little did I understand, God waited patiently To pave a new beginning With a better life for me. 

But, I am learning, Lord. 

It took a real disaster To bring me to my knees; To finally call upon the Lord And say, "God help me, please." He can, with no delaying, With strong arms that could hold - The weight of all my burdens; He gladly took the load. 

And, I am learning, Lord. 

What a needless cross I carried, All because I could not see - What a friend I have in Jesus, And the love He has for me. Peace I find when troubles hover, Though the outcome is unknown. For if yet the road is rocky, I won't walk it all alone. 

For, I am learning, Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...