Wednesday, January 05, 2011

THE LORD'S PRAYER


I cannot say …

Our” if I live only for myself.

Father” if I do not endeavor each day to act like his child.

Who art in heaven” if I am laying up no treasure there.

Hallowed be thy name” if I am not striving for holiness.

Thy Kingdom come” if I am not doing all in my power to
hasten that wonderful event.

Thy will be done” if I am disobedient to his Word.

On earth as it is in heaven” if I do not serve him here and
now.

Give us this day our daily bread” if I am dishonest or am
seeking things by subterfuge.

Forgive us our debts” if I harbor a grudge against anyone.

Lead us not into temptation” if I deliberately place myself
in its path.

Deliver us from evil” if I do not put on the whole armor
of God.

Thine is the kingdom” if I do not give the King the loyalty
due him from a faithful subject.

The power” if I fear what men may do.

The glory” if I’m seeking honor only for myself, and

Forever” if the horizon of my life is completely bounded
by time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...