William Franklin "Billy" Graham, Jr. KBE (born November 7, 1918) is an American evangelical Christian evangelist. As of April 25, 2010, when he met with Barack Obama, Graham has spent personal time with twelve United States Presidents dating back to Harry S. Truman, and is number seven on Gallup's list of admired people for the 20th century. He is a Southern Baptist. He rose to celebrity status as his sermons were broadcast on radio and television.
It is said that Graham has preached the Gospel in person to more people than any other person in history. According to his staff, as of 1993 more than 2.5 million people have "stepped forward at his crusades to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior", many to the altar call song "Just As I Am". As of 2008, Graham's lifetime audience, including radio and television broadcasts, topped 2.2 billion.
Huithiang's selection of 25 quotes on various themes attributed to Rev. Billy Graham is given below:
1. A child who is allowed to be disrespectful to his parents will not have true respect for anyone.
2. A real Christian is a person who can give his pet parrot to the town gossip.
3. Being a Christian is more than just an instantaneous conversion - it is a daily process whereby you grow to be more and more like Christ.
4. Believers, look up - take courage. The angels are nearer than you think.
5. Comfort and prosperity have never enriched the world as much as adversity has.
6. Courage is contagious. When a brave man takes a stand, the spines of others are often stiffened.
7. Give me five minutes with a person's checkbook, and I will tell you where their heart is.
8. God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.
9. God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, "I love you."
10. God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.
11. I've read the last page of the Bible. It's all going to turn out all right.
12. If a person gets his attitude toward money straight, it will help straighten out almost every other area in his life.
13. If we had more hell in the pulpit, we would have less hell in the pew.
14. It is not the body's posture, but the heart's attitude that counts when we pray.
15. Man has two great spiritual needs. One is for forgiveness. The other is for goodness.
16. My home is in Heaven. I'm just traveling through this world.
17. Nothing can bring a real sense of security into the home except true love.
18. Only God Himself fully appreciates the influence of a Christian mother in the molding of character in her children.
19. Tears shed for self are tears of weakness, but tears shed for others are a sign
20. The Christian life is not a constant high. I have my moments of deep discouragement. I have to go to God in prayer with tears in my eyes, and say, 'O God, forgive me,' or 'Help me.'
21. The highest form of worship is the worship of unselfish Christian service. The greatest form of praise is the sound of consecrated feet seeking out the lost and helpless.
22. The men who followed Him were unique in their generation. They turned the world upside down because their hearts had been turned right side up. The world has never been the same.
23. The most eloquent prayer is the prayer through hands that heal and bless.
24. The word 'romance,' according to the dictionary, means excitement, adventure, and something extremely real. Romance should last a lifetime.
25. There is nothing wrong with men possessing riches. The wrong comes when riches possess men.