Thursday, June 09, 2011

THE HUSBAND'S SACRIFICE


A couple were once speeding down a road at a speed of over 100 mph on a motorbike. The husband was enjoying the ride but his wife was not.

"Slow down. I'm scared," she intoned him.

"But this is fun, it feels so good."

"No, it's not. Please, its too scary!", wife insisted.

"Then tell me you love me and then I'll see what I can do," the husband said.

"You know it well, I love you very much. Now, please slow down!"

"Now give me a big hug" to which his wife promptly responded.

"Now, can you take my helmet off and put it on? Its bugging me."

"Okay, but please slow down!" his wife said.

The next day the local newspaper carried the following story:
A motorcycle had crashed into a building because of brake failure. Two people were on the motorcycle, but only one survived.

The truth was that halfway down the road, the husband realized that the motorbike brake had broken, but he didn’t want to scare his wife. He knew that both of them were facing certain death, and he wanted to save her life at all cost. He loved her more than anything in the world. So, he wanted to hear her say, "I love you" one last time and did all he did during that scary drive.... he had her say she loved him, felt her hug one last time, then had her wear his helmet so she would live even though it meant he would die.

True love is that burning desire inside the heart that is willing to do anything for one's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...