Friday, June 24, 2011

THOUGHTS WORTH THINKING


The experience to be gathered from books, though often valuable, is but of the nature of learning; whereas the experience gained from actual life is of the nature of wisdom; and a small store of the latter is worth vastly more than a stock of the former || Samuel Smiles

It is astonishing what foolish things one can temporarily believe if one thinks too long alone.... || John Maynard Keynes

I think that's the nature of discoveries, many times: that the reason they're difficult is that you've got to take a series of steps, three or four steps, which if you don't make them you won't get there, and if you're wrong in any one of them you won't get there. It isn't a matter of one jump - that would be easy. You've got to make several successive jumps. And usually the pennies drop one after another until eventually it all clicks. Otherwise it would be too easy || Francis Crick

For an ethic is not an ethic, and a value not a value, without some sacrifice to it. Something given up, something not taken, something not gained. We do it in exchange for a greater good, for something worth more than just money and power and position. The great paradox of this philosophy is that in the end it brings one greater gain than any other philosophy || Jerry Kohlberg

Words can never adequately convey the incredible impact of our attitudes toward life. The longer I live the more convinced I become that life is 10 percent what happens to us and 90 percent how we respond to it. I believe the single most significant decision I can make on a day-to-day basis is my choice of attitude. It is more important than my past, my education, my bankroll, my successes or failures, fame or pain, what other people think of me or say about me, my circumstances, or my position. Attitude keeps me going or cripples my progress. It alone fuels my fire or assaults my hope. When my attitudes are right, there is no barrier too high, no valley too deep, no dream too extreme, no challenge too great for me || Charles R. Swindoll

If anything goes bad, I did it.
If anything goes semi-good, then we did it.
If anything goes really good, then you did it.
That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you || Bear Bryant

Many people will walk in and out of your life,
But only true friends will leave footprints in your heart.

To handle yourself, use your head;
To handle others, use your heart.

Anger is only one letter short of danger.

If someone betrays you once, it is his fault;
If he betrays you twice, it is your fault.

Great minds discuss ideas;
Average minds discuss events;
Small minds discuss people.

He who loses money, loses much;
He, who loses a friend, loses much more;
He, who loses faith, loses all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...