Friday, August 03, 2018

Gratitude


Too often we think some special people are simply grateful and upbeat. But here’s the good news: All of us can become grateful. Every morning we can say, “Thank you, God, for a new day.” That’s a beginning.

Thanking God for the things we take for granted enables us to develop an attitude of gratitude. Who am I to deserve to have a car? Own a home? Millions of people in war-ravaged countries or drought-stricken areas would feel as if life had given them a tremendous blessing if they had only enough to eat each day. That attitude begins with the simple acknowledgment of what we have - even if friends have more.

I thought of the apostle Paul in prison - which was far worse than modern-day places of incarceration. “I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want” (Philippians 4:11 - 12).

The more we cultivate that positive attitude, the more we realize that we’re not entitled to anything. Everything we enjoy is a gift.

I‘ve learned to start each morning by thanking God for the special people in my life - family members and friends, as well as social and business relationships. From there, I give thanks for the people in my past - anyone who nudged me or guided me to becoming a stronger, wiser, and healthier person. The list goes on and continues to grow. And the more it grows, the happier I am.

- CEC MURPHEY WRITER | SPEAKER |  TEACHER | SURVIVOR

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...