Wednesday, March 25, 2020

A Modern 23rd Psalm by Halley Low



The television is my shepherd, I shall not want.
It makes me to lie down on the sofa,
It leads me to mindless waters,
It destroys my soul;
It guides me in the paths of immorality
For the sponsor's sake.

Yet, though I walk in the shadows of my
Christian responsibilities,
I fear no distractions
For the wide screen television mesmerizes me;
Its cable and remote,
They comfort me.
It prepares endless commercials before me
In the presence of my carnality;
It anoints my head with consumerism;
My coveting overflows.

Surely laziness and greed shall follow me
All the days of my life,
And I shall dwell in the vacuum
Of television land forever.

© 2004 Halley Low

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...