Wednesday, March 03, 2010

think on these things!

Think
On These Things!


I woke up this morning with a strong desire to encourage all my friends who love the Lord. I also want to encourage my friends who don’t know the Lord, realizing I too, had no time, no desire, and no thought for Him whom now I love with all my heart, and I can say with the Psalmist of old. “Who have I in heaven but you? And besides You, I desire nothing on earth.” Psalm 73 v 25

I don’t know what your thoughts are, but there doesn’t seem to be much hope around which we can cling on too and be secure. There may be some who will read this who are atheist or evolutionist, who have no hope, no answer to death, suffering and pain. But to those of you who love the Lord Jesus, I just want to encourage you with some of the wonderful promises in the Bible.

We read in John 21 v 5, “And He who sits on the throne said, ‘Behold I am making all things new,’ and He said, ‘Write, for these words are faithful and true.’ And again in John 22 v 6, “And He said to me, ‘These words are faithful and true.’” We either believe what Jesus said, or that He was the biggest con man that ever walked this earth. But again, what does the Bible say? In Psalm 12 v 6 the words of the Lord are pure words, also in Psalm 19 v 7-11. Do read these wonderful words!!

So, having said that, we can have confidence in God’s word. I would like now to bring you some of God’s promises.

Are you worried about your sin?
In Isaiah 1 v 18 we read, “’Come now, let us reason together,’ says the Lord, ‘though your sins are as scarlet, they will be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, and they will be as wool.’” And again in 1 John 1 v 9, “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness

Are you unsure of the future, Do you feel that everything is falling apart?
Jesus said in John 14 v 1-6. “Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In my Fathers house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And you know the way where I am going,” Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where you are going, how do we know the way?” Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through me.

Do you ever wonder what heaven is going to be like?
In Psalm 16 v 11 we read. “In thy presence is fullness of joy; in thy right hand there are pleasures forever
If you had your choice what kind of things would you like removed in this evil and painful world? Would it be sin (wrong doing) death, pain, crying, sorrow, suffering, and mourning?

In Revelation 21 v 4 we read , “and He shall wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there shall no longer be any death; there shall no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. And He who sits on the throne said, Behold, I am making all things new.”
No evil will be able to get into heaven.

In Revelation 22 v 14 “blessed are those who wash there robes (these are all those who believe on the Lord Jesus, and had all there sins washed away in His precious blood) that they may the right to the tree of life, and may enter by the gates into the city. Outside are the dogs (evil people) and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying?”

Here are one or two more scriptures that you might like to read 1 Theses 4 v 13-18, 2 Cor 5 v 1-9 I hope these have encouraged you to feed on the word of God during this coming year. “Man shall not live on bread alone, but on every word that proceeds out of mouth of God.” Matthew 4 v 4. Every blessing to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...