Sunday, August 15, 2010

THE WEAVER




My life is but a weaving
Between my Lord and me,
I cannot choose the colors
He worketh steadily.

Oftimes He weaveth sorrow,
And I in foolish pride
Forget He sees the upper
And I, the underside.

Not till the loom in silent
And the shuttles cease to fly
Shall God unroll the canvas
And explain the reason why.

The dark threads are as needful
In the Weaver's skillful hand
As the threads of gold and silver
In the pattern He has planned.

- Author Unknown

Whatever life brings to us, it is important to know and be assured that God knows best. Sometimes, we may understand all the things that happened to us, but suffice that God planned it all. And we shall get to know why when "God unroll the canvas and explain the reason why".

The Bible is very plain about the things we can do and cannot do. We cannot even count the number of hairs on our head. We are so hopelessly incapable of extending even a minute of our life. Our life is "like a vapour", like a grass that withers, "as a tale that is told" and we "fly away".

Years ago when I first heard this poem/song from a friend, it had a tremendous impact on my way of looking at and seeing things. Today, as I am reminded of this beautiful song, and after a gap of almost twenty-five years, I realized that my perspective of life was but a shadow of what it really is.

As we travel along life's road, how it will pan out we do not know. All we need to do is to trust in Him fully, completely and wholly. Just know that which He creates He sustains, that which He authors He perfects, and that which He begins He completes.

Our life is but a weaving, a weaving in the hands of the Master Weaver. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...