Robert Harold Schuller (born September 16, 1926 in Alton, Iowa) is an American televangelist, pastor, and author known principally through the weekly Hour of Power television broadcast that he began in 1970. He is also the founder of the Crystal Cathedral in Garden Grove, California, where the Hour of Power program originates.
Here’s Huithiang’s pick of his top 35 inspirational quotes:
1. Again and again, the impossible problem is solved when we see that the problem is only a tough decision waiting to be made.
2. Always look at what you have left. Never look at what you have lost.
3. Anyone can count the seeds in an apple, but only God can count the number of apples in a seed.
4. Better to do something imperfectly than to do nothing perfectly.
5. Every person is responsible for all the good within the scope of his abilities, and for no more, and none can tell whose sphere is the largest.
6. Failure doesn't mean you are a failure it just means you haven't succeeded yet.
7. Goals are not only absolutely necessary to motivate us. They are essential to really keep us alive.
8. Goals must never be from your ego, but problems that cry for a solution.
9. God's delays are not God's denials.
10. High achievers spot rich opportunities swiftly, make big decisions quickly and move into action immediately. Follow these principles and you can make your dreams come true.
11. I'd rather attempt to do something great and fail than to attempt to do nothing and succeed.
12. If there exists no possibility of failure, then victory is meaningless.
13. If you listen to your fears, you will die never knowing what a great person you might have been.
14. It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow.
15. It takes but one positive thought when given a chance to survive and thrive to overpower an entire army of negative thoughts.
16. It takes guts to get out of the ruts.
17. Let your hopes, not your hurts, shape your future.
18. Life is but a moment, death also is but another.
19. Most people who succeed in the face of seemingly impossible conditions are people who simply don't know how to quit.
20. Never bring the problem solving stage into the decision making stage. Otherwise, you surrender yourself to the problem rather than the solution.
21. Never cut a tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come.
22. Never underestimate your problem or your ability to deal with it.
23. Our greatest lack is not money for any undertaking, but rather ideas, If the ideas are good, cash will somehow flow to where it is needed.
24. Press on. Obstacles are seldom the same size tomorrow as they are today.
25. Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.
26. Some people are at the top of the ladder, some are in the middle, still more are at the bottom, and a whole lot more don't even know there is a ladder.
27. The hardest struggle of all is to be something different from what the average man is.
28. The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.
29. The truth of the matter is that you always know the right thing to do. The hard part is doing it.
30. Today's accomplishments were yesterday's impossibilities.
31. Tough times never last, but tough people do.
32. Turn your scars into stars.
33. What appears to be the end of the road may simply be a bend in the road.
34. Winning starts with beginning.
35. You can often measure a person by the size of his dream.