Wednesday, June 15, 2011

THE YOUNG MAN & THE JUDGE

On a crowded street of one of our large cities, a young man was snatched from the path of a speeding truck, his life saved by a venerable looking man. Still breathless from fright, the youth thanked the one who saved his life and then was lost in the crowd.


Two weeks later in a crowded courtroom, an anxious young man stood in the prisoner's box to be sentenced for murder.


"Young man, have you anything to say before the sentence of death is passed upon you?"


"Why! Yes! Yes, Judge," the youth responded, "you know me."


A silence moved like a shock wave over the courtroom.


"I'm sorry. I cannot place you."


"Yes. Surely you remember. Two weeks ago. At Main and Seventh Streets, you saved my life. Surely, Judge, you can do something to save me now."


A silence pervaded the courtroom.


"Young man, now I do remember you. But that day I was your savior. Today I am your judge."


The same thing will happen to us when we come face to face with Jesus. Today, wants to be your Savior. If you refuse Him and His grace, one day He will be your Judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...