Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PERSONALLY


Nadine

Around 3.15 am Friday morning, I was shaken out of my deep sleep by the hysterical cries of my eldest daughter (see profile pic). I rushed over to her bed, tried to console her and made attempts to stop her crying but to no avail. Holding her in my arms, I shook her but she kept on crying.


When she finally managed to regain her composure, I asked her what was the matter. She said that she had a nightmare but refused to tell me what it was. Then she asked me, "Dad, how old are you?". "44", I replied and asked if it had anything to do with her nightmare. But she flatly refused to say anything.


After a word of prayer, I went back to sleep.


When it was time for her college, we asked her to take rest for the day but she insisted on going. But around 11.00 a.m. I got a call from her college asking me to pick her up. I rushed over and found her sitting in the academic dean's office. She was with one friend.


When her friend left I asked one of their teachers to inquire with her if she knew anything about the whole thing. She said that my daughter flatly believed that her dream might come true but she too does not know what her dream was all about as she refused to tell her too.


When we returned home, she told me that I was involved in a car crash and was so afraid that it would come true. I did my best to comfort her but her fear is lurking in the shadows. With the death of her mother still so vivid in her memories, she is just unable to stomach even an imaginary situation (dream).


Since then, I have spent much time with her hoping that she would recover fast. But I'm also aware that the situation is delicate. We took her to a doctor at Doctors Without Borders (MSF) who talked with her for quite some time.


We are praying that the situation will improve and life would soon return to normal in the family. She has been helping me with my blog posts, Facebook pages and Twitter accounts. Without her, I have to make extra efforts...which is not easy.


Kindly uphold my daughter Nadine in your prayers- for her recovery, and God's comfort and guidance in her life. What we do, however hard we try, and how much effort we may pour into it, it can lead to a hopeless end but with God, there is an endless hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...