Sunday, July 03, 2011

THE UNANSWERED QUESTION

A minister was asked to conduct the funeral services of a young girl. He called at the home and asked the father if Mary was a Christian. He answered, "I don't know. I don't take as much interest in those things as I ought. Her mother will know. Ask her."

When the mother came in, the minister asked, "Was Mary a Christian?" The mother replied, "I don't know, but she went to Sunday school. Maybe her Sunday school teacher will know!"

The minister asked the Sunday school teacher, "Was Mary a Christian?" Sorrowfully, the teacher said, "I don't know. I had long intended to speak to Mary about the Savior, but somehow, I neglected to do it; now she is gone from us!"

How sad! A soul had gone out to meet God without an earnest effort from anyone to bring her to the Saviour!

Have you ever given serious thoughts about others? Not only about their physical well-being, but the condition of their soul - whether they are saved or not? Have you ever seriously tried to talk to someone about Jesus? Have you?

If not, would it not be a nice time to start now


No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...