Sunday, July 10, 2011

A VISION OF THE HEART


A very pretty story is told by Mr. Stuart Robertson in his delightful book of ‘Talks to Children.’

A little girl was sitting on her mother’s knees. She was very fond of her mother. She called her, her ‘Very own
mother,’ and like one who was rejoicing over very precious treasures, she was touching, one after the other, the features of her mother’s face with her little fingers -- her mother’s lips, her eyes, her cheeks, her hair. After a while she said, ‘Mummy, can I see your heart?’ The mother said, ‘I don’t know about that, but you can look into my eyes, and see if you can see anything.’ The child climbed up and peered in; and then she cried out gleefully, ‘I can see your heart Mummy, and there is a wee girl away in there, and it’s me!’

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...