Saturday, December 31, 2011

NEVER ALONE


I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee- Hebrews 13:5

I’m never alone in the morning
As I rise at the break of day,
For Jesus who watched through the darkness
Says, “Lo, I am with you alway.”

I’m never alone at my table
Though loved ones no longer I see;
For dearer than all who have vanished
Is Jesus who breaks bread with me.

I’m never alone through the daylight,
Though nothing but trials I see;
Though the furnace be seven times heated
The ‘form of the fourth’ walks with me.

I’m never alone at the twilight
When darkness around me doth creep
And specters press hard round my pillow.
He watches and cares while I sleep.

I’m walking and talking with Jesus
Each day as I travel along.
I’m never alone. Hallelujah!
The joy of the Lord is my song.

Elizabeth Osborn

No comments:

Post a Comment

WHAT IS YOUR TAKE ON THIS POST? EXPRESS YOURSELF...